Community Participation encourages and supports individuals in the community to engage in a safe, supported manner. Come and work for a company that treats you as an individual, lives its values and provides an incredibly rewarding and satisfying job. Whether you have past experience or not we develop and support you to empower people with disabilities.
Crosslinks has been supporting people with disabilities for over 25 years. We do this by assisting them to achieve their potential and allowing them to live their life in their own way.
Crosslinks is a registered NDIS provider (National Disability Insurance Scheme) and we have the respect of our peers as a provider of excellent care. We are looking for people who are ethical, proactive and can communicate exceptionally well to work across our accommodation and community participation services.
Our Disability Support Workers support participants in carrying out their daily functions in a manner that promotes independence while enabling them to achieve their personal goals.
Community Participation encourages and supports individuals in the community to engage in a safe, supported manner.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Crosslinks offers consistent work on a regular basis with the ability to pick up additional shifts.
- See the same clients so that you can build lasting relationships and see them reach their potential
- You will have access to the highest quality training from trained professionals, we believe in supporting our workers just as much as we support our clients.
- For a limited time, you’ll have the opportunity to apply to work towards a fast-tracked, nationally recognised formal qualification with costs covered by Crosslinks (subject to terms and conditions).
- Ongoing support from our clinical and coordination team
- The opportunity to maximise your salary by accessing shifts with additional allowances applied and also using salary sacrificing
- A friendly work culture that genuinely celebrates our workers, respects their opinions and ideas and treats each as the individual they are.
AS PART OF YOUR ROLE, YOU WILL:
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for supporting participants, on varying levels, to carry out their daily functions in a manner that promotes independence while enabling them to achieve their personal goals.
The Community Participation encourages and supports individuals in the community to engage in a safe, supported manner. This has been divided into scheduled rosters and you will be offered specific shifts to fulfill.
You will need to:
- Support participants to achieve their desired goals and to be actively engaged in their home and community life.
- Maintain an understanding of the participant’s needs and overall wellbeing.
- Administer medication and treatments according to the relevant support plan.
- Demonstrate dignity and respect for aspects of personal care and ensure that the participant’s personal hygiene and appearance is maintained at an acceptable level, appropriate to their age and chosen activity while engaging in activities in the community.
- Communicate and engage with participants in a relevant and meaningful way while encouraging the participant to communicate and engage with others.
- Transport participants travelling to and from activities and outings using your own vehicle and/or Crosslinks modified pool vehicles.
More information can be found at www.crosslinks.org.au
Crosslinks values diversity and encourages applications from Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, youth, women, and people with disabilities.
Crosslinks acknowledges that our business is conducted on the traditional lands of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We acknowledge their continuing connection to country and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.